I made this soup for the Purple family today and everyone agreed it was delicious (Super Kid virtually licked his bowl clean).
- Butternut squash.
- 2 red peppers.
- 1 onion.
- 1 small carton of cherry tomatoes.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- Ginger powder.
- Salt and pepper.
- Splash of Balsamic vinegar.
- tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Generous glug of double cream.
- 1.5 litres of vegetable stock.
1. Peel and chop the onion, peppers and garlic. Fry in the oil in a large saucepan. Add the ginger powder, mint, salt and pepper.
2. Peel and chop the butternut squash and add, with the whole cherry tomatoes, to the saucepan. Fry all the veg on a low heat for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the vegetable stock and balsamic vinegar. Gently simmer for around an hour.
4. Using a hand blender, blend the soup until it is entirely smooth.
5. Mix in the double cream to taste.