I’ve been invited to take part in a competition by Money Supermarket to improve the look and feel of a room on a budget of £50. Money Supermarket provided me with £50 to take part in this challenge. Since Purpledad is definitely the DIYer of this home I asked for his help. We decided we wanted to make improvements to the decking area in our garden. This is where we sit on warm summer days and evenings, and we absolutely consider it one of the rooms in our home. This is what he did with our £50.
How To Make A Water Feature From A Belfast Sink:
Firstly we were lucky enough to have been given an old Belfast sink. I have had a little look online and it looks like you could pick one up for around £60 which still makes this a relatively cheap home improvement project.
You will also need:
- A plug £3.79 (universal sink plug from Amazon).
- Silicon aquarium sealer £4.99.
- Small adjustable pump £26
- Decorative stones £15
- Wood for under and ledges around the sink: we got ours from Ikea where they always have a free scrap wood box.
- Plastic crate
Total cost :- £49.78
Step By Step:
1. Sit the sink on some wood and make sure it is level.
2. Put in the plug and seal to make the sink watertight.
3. Put the pump on the bottom of the sink. Cover it with a plastic crate
4. Plug pump into an outdoor socket.
5. Fill to level with the overflow with stones. Fill with water.
6. Switch on and enjoy!
*Disclosure: I was provided with £50 from Money Supermarket to take part in this challenge. The ideas and work were all Purpledad’s and very proud I am too.